Direct Plant PCR Kit enables to perform PCR reactions directly from plant samples with no prior DNA purification.
- The Direct Plant PCR Kit allows to use samples such as: plant leaves , plant seeds and plant material stored on commercially available cards.
- The samples can either be fresh or stored at -20°C.
- The Direct Plant PCR Kit employs a hot start and genetically engineered thermophilic DNA polymerase with high tolerance to plant inhibitors.
- DNA Polymerase activity is restored during 10 min initial denaturation step.
- DNA Polymerase catalyzes the polymerization of nucleotides into duplex DNA in the 5’→3′ direction.
- The enzyme exhibits the 3’→5′ proofreading activity, resulting in 50-fold higher PCR fidelity than possible with Taq DNA Polymerases.
- The enzyme generates blunt ends.
- Enhanced polymerase processivity allows to use shorter extension times.
- Due to the genetic modification of the polymerase, the optimal reaction conditions (especially annealing temperatures) differ from standard PCR protocols.
- The Direct Plant PCR Kit contains reagents for two alternative protocols: Direct and Extract protocols.
- The master mix contains premixed gel loading reagent and dyes which allow direct sample loading on the gel.
- The Direct Plant PCR Kit allows to obtain a wide range of product size (over 4 kb).
Direct Plant PCR Kit contains:
- 1. 2 x Plant PCR Master Mix
- DNA Polymerase
- Extraction Solution
- Dilution Solution
- Water, nuclease free
2 x Plant PCR Master Mix:
The master mix contains 2 x concentrated optimized PCR buffer, 5 mM MgCl2, dNTPs and two gel tracking dyes.
DNA Polymerase Storage Buffer:
20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 9.0 at 22°C), 100 mM KCl, 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM dithiothreitol, 50% glycerol and stabilizers.
All preparations are assayed for contaminating 3′-exonuclease, and nonspecific single – and double-stranded DNase activities. Typical preparations are greater than 95% pure, as judged by SDS polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.