Extremely thermostable hot start proofreading DNA polymerase blend, formulated for efficient site-directed mutagenesis and synthesis of DNA products up to 20 kb.
- onPfuPlus! DNA Polymerase is a modified hot start enzyme that is blocked at moderate temperatures and allows room temperature reaction setup.
- The polymerase activity is restored during the initial denaturation step when amplification reactions are heated at 95°C for 10 minutes.
- Use of onPfuPlus! DNA Polymerase allows for the increase of PCR specificity, sensitivity and yield in comparison to the conventional PCR assembly method.
- onPfuPlus! is a modified and optimized hyperthermophilic Pfu DNA Polymerase blended with the thermostable polymerase-enhancing factor.
- Ultrapure recombinant enzyme.
- The enzyme catalyzes the polymerization of nucleotides into duplex DNA in the 5′→3′ direction in the presence of magnesium ions.
- The enzyme exhibits the 3′→5′ proofreading activity, resulting in over 10-fold higher PCR fidelity than possible with Taq DNA Polymerases.
- The constituent of onPfuPlus! DNA Polymerase, the polymerase-enhancing factor, enhances PCR product yields and increases target length capability of Pfu DNA Polymerase.
- onPfuPlus! DNA Polymerase is recommended for use in high-fidelity PCR, PCR of GC-rich sequences or problematic secondary structures, site-directed mutagenesis and cloning of blunt-ended PCR products.
- The enzyme is also recommended for general use in PCR and primer extension reactions at elevated temperatures to obtain a wide range of PCR products up to 20 kb.