Thermus thermopilus Reverse Transcriptase catalyzes the reverse transcription of RNA to cDNA at elevated temperatures in the presence of Mn2+ and catalyzes polymerization of DNA in the presence of Mg2+.
- Suitable for high temperature synthesis of DNA.
- Synthesizes cDNA from RNA template.
- Minimizes problems with strong secondary structure of RNA.
- Used for efficient PCR of DNA, containing problematic secondary structures.
- Applicable to RT-PCR. The same enzyme is used for both reverse transcription and following amplification of obtained cDNA template.
- Resistant to amplification inhibitors present in template DNA isolated from problematic samples.